Information Collected by ASCE
Attendees under the age of 18 are prohibited.
Assumption of Risk and Hold Harmless
All ASCE events and activities are purely voluntary activities, and attendees are fully responsible for their own conduct and well-being, including, and without limitation, determining their level of fitness to take part in any such event or activity. In participating in any event or activity, attendees shall be deemed to understand and accept all risk of possible physical injury that might occur as a result of such participation. Attendees agree to release and hold harmless ASCE and its affiliates, employees, officers, directors, representatives, and agents from any and all alleged and/or actual liability, claims, actions, lawsuits, damages, or losses, of any kind which arise out of or result from attendance at and participation in the conference.
Photo and Video Recording of Sessions
ASCE may take photographs and/or make audio and visual recordings of the event, and participants grant to ASCE the absolute right and permission to use any such photographs or recordings that may be taken during the event for any purpose in its sole discretion.
Photos, video or audio recording(s) of any educational session is strictly prohibited without prior written permission from both ASCE and the session presenter(s).
Distribution of Literature or Promotional Information
Distribution of literature, samples, or other promotional material by attendees is prohibited without prior permission by ASCE. Any attendee found to be distributing literature without prior approval may be asked to leave the show. Exhibitors may distribute literature, samples, and materials only within the confines of their rented booth space, except with prior permission from ASCE.
As outlined in ASCE’s governing documents, ASCE functions and activities are intended to foster the expression and exchange of engineering ideas by all members, regardless of gender, race, ethnic origin, religion, age, marital status, sexual orientation, disabilities, or any other reason not related to scientific or technical merit. It is the responsibility of all participants and guests to conduct themselves in a professional manner in which all persons are treated with dignity and respect.
ADA Compliance / Special Concessions
If you require special assistance at the conference, please submit a written description of your requirements with your registration form or email [email protected] no later than February 25, 2022. While ASCE will make every effort to meet your needs, accommodations cannot be guaranteed without notification by the deadline.
NDAA Section 889 Acknowledgement
ASCE affirms that it does not use any equipment, system or service that is precluded by Section 889(a)(1)(B) of National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA) for Fiscal Year (FY) 2019, Prohibition on Contracting with Entities Using Certain Telecommunications and Video Surveillance Services or Equipment.
If the Federal Agency’s Office of Procurement requires a Vendor Certification to be completed and returned in order to move forward with a contract award and/or payment, please contact [email protected].
Cancellations / Refunds
Cancellations must be sent in writing or via email by March 11, 2022 in order to receive a full refund. Registrations are non-refundable after this date.
Professional Development Hours (PDHs)
By attending certain conference sessions, technical tours, and seminars, you may earn PDHs, which are nationally recognized units of record. Please note there are differences from state to state in continuing education requirements for professional engineering licensure. Each state licensing board has the final authority to approve courses, credits, PDHs, and other methods of earning credits in that state. ASCE strongly recommends that individuals regularly check with their state licensing boards for specific continuing education requirements in their jurisdictions that affect professional engineering licensure and the ability to renew licensure.
Program and Session Cancellation
ASCE reserves the right to cancel programs and/or sessions. In the unlikely event of a cancellation, all registrants will be notified and will receive a refund, if applicable, for technical tours, or ticketed events. Programs and sessions are subject to change, and ASCE reserves the right to substitute a program, session and/or speaker of equal caliber to fulfill the educational requirements.
ASCE Code of Conduct
- Verbal abuse of any attendee, speaker, volunteer, staff members, service provider, or other participant;
- Verbal or written comments or visual images that denigrate or show hostility or aversion toward any person or persons on the basis of gender, sexual orientation, race, religion, disability or other personal characteristics, including but not limited to those protected by law;
- Unwelcome and uninvited attention or contact with another participant;
- Inappropriate use of nudity and/or sexual images;
- Deliberate intimidation or stalking;
- Real or implied threat of professional or financial damage or harm;
- Harassment, intimidation, or discrimination in any form;
- Inappropriate disruption of meetings or events;
- Photographing, video or audio recording of slides, oral or poster presentations without presenter/author’s permission;
- Inappropriate use of platform for commercial purposes, including promotional materials, special offers, product announcements, job postings, or solicitation for services; and
- Violating the rules and regulations of the online platform.
Reporting Violations to ASCE
Report harassment and disruptive behaviors to ASCE at: +1 (703) 295-6146
Consequences of misconduct may include, but are not limited to:
- Immediate removal from meeting or event without warning.
- Restrictions from future ASCE meetings and events.
- Removal from positions on ASCE boards, committees, or other groups.
- Referral to ASCE’s Committee on Professional Conduct for disciplinary actions up to expulsion from the Society.